Wilderness and Adventure in the Early Years
Monday 25 February @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
This course will introduce you to the idea of how we can ignite children’s natural desire to become explorers, adventurers and inventors. We want them to see and experience the world through every sense.
- Consider in more depth (drawing on research) why we need to re-focus on nature.
- We will look into how we can live more in the moment.
- Develop collections of fascinations.
- Cherish the questions the children ask and use these as a starting point.
- Find out about settings that already take this approach to learning.
- Understand what high quality provision looks like for understanding the world and look into resourcing and books.
- Explore how young children have a role to play in sustainable development.
- Practical ideas to implement into your practice.
9-9:30- An introduction to Wilderness and Adventure
9:30- Embracing the elements of the seasons
10.45-12:00- Using the outdoors to promote a love for Literacy
1:00- Mystical Maths Outdoors
2:00- 3:00- Deepening the love for adventure and exploring through Bushcaft
This course is perfect for those wanting to implement more nature based learning in their setting.
Time will be spent working outdoors throughout the day.