Managing Risk in Play
Thursday 7 February, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm£38
This course will support practitioners in their understanding of managing risk in play. It will explore the different approaches to risk management and how we can balance the need to experience challenge whilst managing risk appropriately i.e risk benefit.
- To explore the difference between a risk and a hazard
- Understand what is meant by Risk/Benefit assessment
- What we mean by Dynamic Risk assessment
- Understand the benefits of managed risk in play
- What does the HSE say about managing risk in play?
- How to provide a stimulating environment and still meet the requirements of the EYFS
- Understanding how our own experiences can affect our attitude to risk management
- Delegates need to be prepared to go outside for a part of this session