- This event has passed.
Forest School and Autism Workshop with Michael James
Saturday 30 March @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£130
This will be an interactive workshop with lots of opportunity for questions and discussion as well as reflection.
What is Autism? Discussion of the process and history of AS diagnosis and why the learner led ethos of Forest School can suit AS learners.
- Partnership working and the importance of preparation
- Communication and social interaction – individual communication profiles and effective channels of communication that work well e.g. social stories
- Social interaction and play – time and space inherent in the Forest School approach
- Executive function and systemising
- Sensory processing difficulties
- Supporting people during stress and anxiety
- Planning for autism inclusive Forest School.
Cost: £130 incl VAT.
- Saturday 30 March
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- social/networking, workshops
- Event Tags:
- access, autism, behaviour, community, ecotherapy, feelings, forest school, health & wellbeing, inclusive, inspiration, mental health, outdoor learning, risk
- Age Range
Tuesday 4 June @ 9:00 am - Thursday 6 June @ 4:30 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 9:00am, repeating indefinitely
Wednesday 5 June @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Wednesday 5 June @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm